Sat, 03 Feb|
Intensive Swim Clinic
You can't win the race in the swim but you can loose it. For AG'ers swimming is about getting out of the water happy, relaxed, in the right group and ready to race.
Time & Location
03 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm – 05 Feb 2018, 7:00 pm
Seac Studio, Suite 110, Goldsbrough Mort Building, 243 Pyrmont St, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
About the event
Designed to show poor to good swimmers how to get the most swim improvement from the limited time they have.
With or without a swim squad, most average swimmers spend most of their swim time pushing out laps at the same pace and not engaging their big moving muscles. This is not helpful.
What you will learn in this Clinic is far better than stroke correction - it will teach you how to train and achieve constant improvement from this day forth.
Please note there are four (4) 90 minute sessions over 4 days at various locations (not just the location listed above):
- Sat 3rd, 3pm at Seac Studio
- Sun 4th, 8am at North Bondi Surf Club (STC)
- Mon 5th, 5.30pm at ITAC
- Fri 9th, 5.30pm at ITAC
You will learn key skills, exercises and sessions designed to make you a better swimmer:
- Swim specific strength exercises to build speed, power and endurance
- Mobility and stability exercises for swimming
- Swim sessions designed for short course pools (25m)
- Strength swim sessions to get the most from your swimming
- Which drills when and why
- Open water swimming techniques to help race faster
- Pack swimming techniques to make racing easier
- Swim training without a squad
- Ironman and long course swim breakthrough sets
- Testing your swim and progressing
- Learn what swim slow to swim fast means and how to achieve it
- The real reason triathletes swim!
It is a busy and jam-packed clinic. You will be a better swimmer after the clinic. However, more importantly you will be armed with the sessions and exercises you need to become a better swimmer in the seasons ahead. After this Clinic you will train and race better both in the water and on the bike.
If you need to miss a session that's ok - I will endeavour to make it up later.
Non-member swim clinic
Non-members are welcome.$120.00
These tickets are exclusive to Gold Members only.$0.00