Mon, 16 Apr|
Intensive Swim Clinic 2.0
You can't win the race in the swim but you can loose it. For AG'ers swimming is about getting out of the water happy, relaxed, in the right group and ready to race.
Time & Location
16 Apr 2018, 9:00 am – 06 May 2018, 6:49 pm
Seac Studio, Suite 110, Goldsbrough Mort Building, 243 Pyrmont St, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
About the event
Designed to show poor to good swimmers how to get the most swim improvement from the limited time they have. The sessions will be run over four (4) consecutive Monday evenings with homework swim sessions each week.
The homework each week will add up to your complete swim program leading into Ironman Australia and 70.3 Port Mac!
Most triathletes do the minimum swims possible usually in two or three swims per week. Each swim will be more or less, at the pace they can manage. Their fast 100m will be about 5-10seconds faster than their slow easy laps. This type of training will not generate large scale improvements.
What you will learn in this Clinic is far better than stroke correction - it will teach you how to train and achieve constant improvement from this day forth.
- Monday 9 April
- Monday 16 April
- Monday 23 April
- Monday 30 April
Push off the wall at 5:45p!
With or without a swim squad, most average swimmers spend most of their swim time pushing out laps at the same pace and not engaging their big moving muscles. This is not helpful.
You will learn key skills, exercises and sessions designed to make you a better swimmer:
- Swim specific strength exercises to build speed, power and endurance
- Mobility assessment for swimming including corrective exercises
- Swim sessions designed for short course pools (25m)
- Strength swim sessions to get the most from your swimming
- Which drills when and why
- Open water swimming techniques to help race faster
- Pack swimming techniques to make racing easier
- Swim training without a squad
- Ironman and long course swim breakthrough sets
- Testing your swim and progressing
- Learn what swim slow to swim fast means and how to achieve it
- The real reason triathletes swim!
It is a busy and jam-packed clinic. You will be a better swimmer after the clinic. However, more importantly you will be armed with the sessions and exercises you need to become a better swimmer in the seasons ahead. After this Clinic you will train and race better both in the water and on the bike.
Non-member swim clinic
Non-members are welcome.$150.00
These tickets are exclusive to Gold Members only.$90.00